200 Bike Factory
Dr. Teresa (Teri) Behrens joined the Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy at Grand Valley State University in 2009. She teaches nonprofit management classes for SPNHA.
- Dr. Behrens holds a doctorate in psychology from North Carolina State University. She also holds a bachelor's degree in psychology and English from Case Western Reserve University.
- She is the founding Editor-in-Chief for The Foundation Review, the first peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards and those who work with them implementing programs.
- She is co-author of recent journal articles in the American Journal of Community Psychology and New Directions for Evaluation and two book chapters.
- She is a regular presenter and panelist at American Evaluation Association conferences.
- She has over 25 years of professional experience in the nonprofit and public sectors, including senior research associate with the Johnson Center for Philanthropy, director of evaluation for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, and program officer for the Michigan Strategic Fund of the Michigan Department of Commerce.
- She also has many years of experience as a private consultant in program planning and evaluation with a broad range of nonprofit and government agencies,
- She currently serves on the Board of Directors for Doulas Care (Ann Arbor, MI) and The Innovation Center for Community and Youth Development (Takoma Park, MD).
Quote: "The goal has become to learn about how to create change, rather than simply prove that change has occurred."